By now, you probably already know what a superfood quinoa breakfast is, from being the only grain that is a complete protein to providing a filling 6 grams of fiber per cooked cup.
It’s also easier than ever to find quinoa in your grocery store, and I am loving the new frozen microwave-in-the-bag versions that make cooking quinoa quicker and easier than ever!
Table of Contents
For this recipe, you can either cook a big batch of quinoa on your stove top at the beginning of the week to enjoy all week, or you can use the short cut microwave version and have this breakfast ready in just minutes!
Breakfast Quinoa with Cranberries and Walnuts
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 1/8 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fluff the cooked quinoa with a fork and then stir in the almond milk
- Top with pecan halves, dried cherries, orange zest and cinnamon
- Enjoy cold or warm all the ingredients together in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until warmed through
Nutrition facts per serving: 315 calories, 48g carbs, 9g fat, 1g sat fat, 8g protein, 5g fiber.