Mini Meatloaf – Anything that is mini-sized is cute, don’t you think? In cooking, making miniature versions of foods is also a great way to keep portions in check. As an added bonus, it often speeds up the cooking time.
Table of Contents
Those are just a few of the benefits of these mini meatloaves. Cooked in a muffin tin, they come together in less than half the time of a traditional meat loaf, are sized-just-right so you get to have 2 of them in a serving, and are cute and fun to boot, if I do say so myself!
My secret ingredient is oatmeal. It’s a great way to add in some whole grains while stretching the lean ground beef and making it go further. The marinara sauce and worcestshire sauce add lots of flavor without too much sodium or sugar. I like to serve my mini meatloaves with roasted potatoes and green beans or a simple salad. Check out the recipe for yourself and let me know what you think!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon each, salt and pepper
- 14 tablespoons marinara sauce, divided
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 12 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large bowl, mix lean ground beef with oatmeal, beaten egg, chopped onion, salt and pepper, 2 tablespoons marinara sauce, and Worcestershire sauce to taste (at least one tablespoon)
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide the mixture among a 12-cup muffin tin that has been sprayed with cooking spray
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through
- Drizzle each meatloaf with an additional tablespoon of marinara sauce and sprinkle with a tablespoon of shredded parmesan cheese (if desired) before serving
- Makes 6 servings (2 mini meatloaves per serving)
Nutrition facts per serving: 110 calories, 3.5g fat, 1.5g sat fat, 160mg sodium, 5g carbs, 1g fiber, 16g protein, 8% DV iron.
In this recipe, I slice a beef tenderloin into beef medallions and bread it with panko breadcrumbs so that it cooks up quickly while still staying jui ...
Gazpacho - Summertime is one of my favorite times of the year for a lot of reasons, but one of the biggest is that it is the perfect time to go to the ...
Spicy Fish Tacos Spicy Tilapia Tacos with Tangy Mango Crema Ingredients 1/2 cup non-fat, plain Greek yogurt 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped ...
Glazed Chicken - There's not many things more popular to cook for a weeknight meal than chicken. It's easy to make, it's healthy, and it's pretty fami ...
Nothing quite says love like chocolate, so if you need an idea of what to make your sweetie for a dessert, my Mississippi Mud Cake recipe makeover mig ...