Glazed Chicken – There’s not many things more popular to cook for a weeknight meal than chicken. It’s easy to make, it’s healthy, and it’s pretty family friendly as most kids and adults like it.
Table of Contents
However, if I am honest, when I think of chicken, I often think, “Boring!.” If you’re like me and have ever been stuck in a rut of the same basic baked or grilled chicken, then you might feel this way too. But if we think outside the box, there are plenty of creative ways to prepare chicken that are just as healthy, AND just as easy.
I think this Pan-Glazed Chicken with Kale and Basil is one of those recipes. The chicken is cooked along with kale in one skillet and flavored with tangy balsamic vinegar and naturally sweet honey. It’s finished off with some fresh basil and crumbled goat cheese just before serving.
I love how the sweet and tangy flavors of the honey and vinegar stand up to the bitter flavor of the kale and meatiness of the chicken, making it a truly sweet and savory experience. The flavors and textures are rounded out with the fresh basil and creamy goat cheese.
Feel free to get creative with this recipe. You could use spinach or another leafy green if you don’t like kale, a different type of cheese, like feta, and even finish it off with a different fresh herb–oregano or thyme would be great here as well. However you fix it, I hope you enjoy!
Pan-Glazed Chicken with Kale and Basil
- 4 (4oz) chicken breasts, skinned and boned and pounded out to an even thickness
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 cups chopped fresh kale, ribs removed and massaged for 3-5 minutes for tenderness
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick or iron skillet over medium high heat
- Add chicken and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned
- Turn chicken and continue to cook 4-5 minutes, or until chicken is done
- Stir in vinegar, honey, and kale and cook just until kale is wilted
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with goat cheese and basil just before serving
- Makes 4 servings
Nutrition facts per serving: 216 calories, 14g carbs, 25g protein, 6g fat, 1g sat fat, 460mg sodium, 1g fiber, 130% DV vitamin A, 87% DV vitamin C, 8% DV calcium, 7% DV iron.
In this recipe, I slice a beef tenderloin into beef medallions and bread it with panko breadcrumbs so that it cooks up quickly while still staying jui ...
Gazpacho - Summertime is one of my favorite times of the year for a lot of reasons, but one of the biggest is that it is the perfect time to go to the ...
Spicy Fish Tacos Spicy Tilapia Tacos with Tangy Mango Crema Ingredients 1/2 cup non-fat, plain Greek yogurt 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped ...
Nothing quite says love like chocolate, so if you need an idea of what to make your sweetie for a dessert, my Mississippi Mud Cake recipe makeover mig ...
... too! Ingredients 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey or chicken 1cup Italian experienced bread crumbs 1package (10 ounces) sliced ...