Chipotle Meatballs – Memorial Day is right around the corner, and if you are looking for something fun and unique to serve at your picnic or cookout, I have just the thing!
Table of Contents
Honey Chipotle Meatballs
These Honey Chipotle Meatballs that I created for my client, Bush’s Beans, are bite-sized flavor explosions that are a definite crowd-pleaser.
Not only that, but they are also easy to make, and because I used both ground sirloin and (secret ingredients!) oats and Bush’s Honey Chipotle Grillin’ Beans, they are an excellent source of protein and fiber as well.
Serve them as an appetizer with barbecue sauce for dipping, or as a main course with your favorite side items. Either way, their sweet-spicy-savory flavor is sure to satisfy!
- 1 (21.5 ounce) can Bush’s Honey Chipotle Grillin’ Beans
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Barbecue sauce, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place Bush’s Grillin’ Beans in a food processor and pulse until thick, but still slightly chunky
- In a large bowl, mix beans with sirloin, oats, egg, salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic until well combined
- Roll into 1-inch meatballs
- Place on lightly-greased baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F
- Serve with the barbecue sauce for dipping, if desired
- Yield: 12 servings
Nutrition facts per serving: 140 calories, 2.5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 35mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 170mg potassium, 18g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 11g protein, 7g sugars, 8.5mg calcium, 1mg iron.