Wanna get a better health? Try eating more fish like in this blackened salmon recipe: grilled, with sauce, sandwich, and burger.
Eating omega-3-rich fish like salmon, tuna, herring, lake trout, sardines, and mackerel 2-3 times per week can lower your risk for heart disease, age-related eye disease, and inflammation, while improving your brain health.
The type of omega-3’s in these fish are EPA and DHA, which are more bioavailable to the body than the ALA type found in some plant foods. But at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter how nutritious the fish is if you won’t eat it, so making it taste good is key.
That’s why I like rubbing salmon with a variety of spices to amp up the flavor of this fish that delivers these key nutrients.
Table of Contents
Blackened Salmon Recipe
Old Bay Blackened Salmon
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed, if desired
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons blackened seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- Combine the blackened seasoning, Old Bay seasoning, and dark brown sugar in a small bowl. Set aside
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil evenly over the salmon fillets and rub in to each fillet
- Rub the fillets evenly on each side with the seasoning mixture
- Heat the other tablespoon of oil in a cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat
- When oil is hot, add the salmon and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until done
- Makes 4 servings
First, to make sure that your oil is hot enough, drop a few drips of water into the skillet. If it is hot enough, the water should sizzle loudly in the oil.
And then, the fish is ready to flip onto the other side when it easily releases from the pan when you slide a spatula under it. You should never have to force it, and you should only have to flip it once.
Nutrition facts per serving: 230 calories, 14g fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 600mg sodium, 2g carbs, 23g protein, 2% DV calcium, 6% DV iron.
Blackened Salmon and Beans
In this blackened salmon recipe that I created for my client, Bush’s Beans, to pair with their Honey Chipotle Grillin’ Beans, I combine both sweet and savory flavors for a dish that is sure to satisfy.
- 2 teaspoons blackened seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 can (21.5 ounce) Bush’s Honey Chipotle Grillin’ Beans
- Salad greens, optional
- Combine blackened seasoning, Old Bay, and brown sugar in a small bowl and set aside
- Drizzle one tablespoon of the olive oil evenly over the 4 pieces of salmon and use a basting brush to coat
- Rub salmon fillets evenly on both sides with the seasoning mixture
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat
- Add salmon fillets and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until done
- Serve with Bush’s Honey Chipotle Grillin’ Beans and green salad (if desired) and enjoy!
- Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition facts per serving: 520 calories, 22g fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 75mg cholesterol, 1220mg sodium, 416mg potassium, 43g carbs, 7g fiber, 32g protein, 22g sugars.
Grilled Blackened Salmon
Grilled fish seasoned with flavors develops layers of scrumptious flavor infused by solid warmth. Continue reading for a delicious recipe that can be made on-the-go.
- 2-4 salmon filets
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1 pinch ground mustard
- Eliminate the pin bones by running your fingers over the flesh of the fish and also removing any bones with tweezers or needle nose pliers
- Incorporate all ingredients except the salmon in a bowl – When mixed together the seasoning rub will be rather red
- Location the salmon skin side down and also drizzle with olive oil
- Dust each fillet with as much rub based upon just how much heat you prefer
- Place the salmon in the refrigerator for an hr and also prepare the grill
- Preheat grill on medium setup. Eliminate the salmon from the fridge and also hit each filet with a little rugged salt, position the salmon on the grill skin side down. Shut the lid for regarding 5 mins
- Lift the cover as well as use a spatula to turn the salmon – shut the cover for 3 to 5 minutes
- Raise the lid and also remove the salmon. Enable to rest in cozy location while preparing the plates
- You can inspect for internal temperature of 145 ° F or make use of a sharp blade and insert right into the flesh as well as carefully pry apart to see if the flesh is opaque
*) This recipe is from Charbroil
Blackened Salmon Seasoning
This easy homemade blend of herbs & seasonings is the suitable flavoring for Salmon and various other meats.
- Salmon fillet
- Olive oil
- Blackened Seasoning (see below)
- Salt to taste
- Lime juice
For the blackened seasoning (makes 3/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1-2 tsp cayenne powder (depending on spice level)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (lightly crushed, to release more flavor)
- 1 tsp salt
- Simply determine out and blend all the components for the smudged flavoring.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425F. Lightly drizzle olive oil over your Salmon as well as using your fingers or a brush spread it to coat the fish. Generously sprinkle the smudged flavoring all over the salmon to coat it uniformly. Repeat beyond.
- You can pan fry the salmon, if utilizing smaller sized fillets on tool warmth for about 5-6 minutes on each side (relying on the thickness of the fillets). Or straightforward bake it at 425F for 15-20 minutes (as well as if it isn’t smudged sufficient stick it under the broiler for an added min or 2).
- Offer the fish warm with a dropping of fresh lime juice as well as some added lime wedges!
- I gently squashed the fennel seeds to launch its fragrant licorice-like flavor before adding it to the mix.
- If you have the skin on the salmon, just season the one side- it’s a lot of taste.
*) This recipe is from Picture the Recipe
Blackened Salmon Tacos
Heart-healthy food at its finest: Blackened Salmon recipe Tacos with sweet forbidden rice as well as an unbelievable mango guacamole. Options to cook or barbecue the salmon consisted of!
- 3/4 cup uncooked forbidden rice (black rice)
- 1 pound fresh salmon (I prefer wild)
- 1 tablespoon blackening seasoning
For the mango guacamole
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- Zest and juice of 1 small lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the tacos
- 8 corn tortillas
- Extra cilantro & diced red onion
- Cook rice on the stovetop according to the instructions on the bundle. Black rice generally takes about 45 mins to prepare and also is crunchy when done
- Preheat oven to 400 levels if you are cooking the salmon (options to grill remain in the notes area).
- Line a big cooking sheet with parchment paper as well as grease lightly with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
- Location salmon skin side down and spray smudging spices on the salmon. Utilize your fingertips to massage the spices equally around the salmon
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or till salmon easily flakes with a fork. Mine is always excellent at 18 mins!
- While the salmon is cooking, make the mango guacamole. In a tool dish, add the avocado as well as make use of a fork to mash it until it gets to the preferred uniformity. (If you like beefy guac, don’t mash it as much.)
- Include diced red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime zest and also juice, and mango; stir well to incorporate after that add salt and pepper to taste
- Set aside up until tacos are ready to set up
- As soon as salmon is done cooking, flake it with a fork and throw out the skin.
- Add flaked barbequed salmon as well as rice to warm corn tortillas, after that leading each with a heaping tablespoon of guacamole
- Serves 4 people, 2 tacos each
Directions for grilling the salmon
- Preheat a gas grill over medium-high warmth
- Scrub smudging seasoning mix throughout salmon. I would likewise lightly brush both sides of the salmon ( consisting of the skin) with a little olive oil to stop sticking
- Make sure to additionally oil your grill a bit! Place hair salon skin side down first on grill, close grill lid and grill regarding 6-8 mins
- Carefully flip salmon and cook 6-8 more minutes or till prepared well
- Salmon is challenging, but it’s best to undercook as opposed to overcook your filets
How to make DIY blackening seasoning
- In a tiny dish mix with each other the following: 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/4 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon dried out oregano, 1/2 tsp chili powder (leave out the cayenne if you do not like spice)
- Massage around salmon and after that proceed adhering to dish guidelines
*) This recipe is from Ambitious Kitchen
Blackened Salmon in Oven (Baked)
Blackened Salmon recipe is a very easy low-carb as well as keto salmon dish that can be made in an actors iron skillet or baked in the oven with a homemade blackened seasoning mix in under 15 mins.
- 1 ¼ lbs. salmon 5 4-oz. filets
- 2 Tbsp. blackened seasoning mix
- 2 Tbsp butter or dairy-free “butter” sticks
- Lemons optional
- Parsley optional
- Mix with each other your smudged flavoring active ingredients
- Cut salmon into 5 filets and leave the skin on. Sprinkle 2 tbsps of the seasoning mix over the salmon filets
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large cooking sheet with either aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Place salmon filets in a single layer and divide cubed butter between the fillets
- Bake in preheated stove for 10 mins, or till interior temperature level gets to 145 levels and also fish flakes easily with a fork
- Serve smudged salmon immediately with lemon slices and also a spray of parsley
*) This recipe is from Evolving Table
Blackened Salmon Salad
Blackened Salmon Sauce
This Blackened Salmon recipe is fast and also very easy as well as delivers dining establishment taste with very little effort!
The salmon is loaded with smudged seasonings then pan scorched to create a charred, boldly skilled exterior giving way to a buttery, juicy interior.
The frying pan seared salmon fillets are smothered in a luscious cream sauce spiked with tangy Cajun flavors, onions, garlic and bell peppers.
I’ve included detailed, thorough directions in the message so you can master this Blackened Salmon recipe, even if you’ve never ever made fish before!
- 4 (6-8 oz. each) skinless salmon fillets
- olive oil
- melted butter optional
- 2 teaspoon EACH smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon EACH dried oregano, dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bell peppers (any color combo) chopped into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fire roasted diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Lightly brush salmon throughout with olive oil or melted butter
- Mix with each other all of the Spice Rub ingredients in a tool dish
- Eliminate 2 tablespoons and also rub equally throughout salmon. Book staying spice rub for the sauce
- In a big heavy base frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high warmth (medium if your range runs hot)
- Once hot, add fillets, transform warmth down to tool as well as chef roughly 4 minutes, till crispy and smudged.
- Flip salmon over and also prepare an extra 3-6 mins to your taste ( will certainly depend upon density). If salmon is browning also swiftly, then turn down the warm
- Get rid of salmon to a plate and also outdoor tents with foil
- To the oil left in the frying pan ( do not erase), include adequate oil to equivalent 1 tablespoon if required.
- Warmth over medium-high warmth. Once hot, include onions, and cook 3 mins; after that add bell peppers, garlic as well as reserved flavor mix and also chef 2 mins
- Include fifty percent of the poultry brew to the pan (eyeball it) as well as blend the staying chicken broth with corn starch till smooth
- Include in pan along with heavy cream as well as diced tomatoes. Bring the sauce to a simmer as well as simmer up until enlarged, stirring occasionally
- Decrease warmth to low and also stir in Parmesan cheese up until thawed followed by lime juice
- Add salmon back to the skillet as well as prepare a min or so to warmth with
- Preference and period with added salt, pepper and/or chili pepper to taste
- Garnish with newly parsley and lime juice if desired
*) This recipe is from Carls Bad Cravings